THE KECK SCHOOL OF MEDICINE FACULTY COUNCIL (KSOM FC)
The Keck School of Medicine Faculty Council is the elected faculty council for the Keck School of Medicine. It will serve as the primary advisory group to the Dean. It will represent the faculty of the School as stated in the Constitution of the Academic Senate. It will be concerned with issues directly related to faculty status, responsibilities and welfare within the Keck School of Medicine.
In discharging its functions, the KSOM FC:
- serves as a deliberative and consultative body with the authority to survey the faculty and make studies, reports and recommendations on all matters that have a significant bearing on the work or status of the faculty;
- identifies issues of highest priority to the faculty and may discuss and debate current issues and matters of interest to the faculty;
- advises the Dean and the Dean’s other advisory bodies on academic and faculty status matters;
- acts jointly with the Dean to suggest, and to advise and consult on the appointment of, chairs and members of school committees;
- organizes meetings of the faculty-at-large to discuss issues of interest to the faculty; and
- communicates with the faculty-at-large about its deliberations in a timely manner, including provision of the KSOM FC meeting minutes, approved resolutions, and other important documents either by posting on-line or by other available mechanisms.
The Keck School of Medicine Faculty Council welcomes your feedback and invites you to share your ideas, concerns and thoughts. Contact the KSOM Faculty Council
Keck School of Medicine Governance Document
Keck School of Medicine Faculty Council Minutes & Agendas
KSOM Organizational Charts