The Keck School’s Office of Research Advancement is implementing the School's strategic plan for research. Also known as Keck Research Advancement or "KRA", the office promotes and coordinates research activities across the enterprise and provides services to support the efforts of the faculty. KRA has the following roles:
- Strategic Plan for Research - working with the School's research leaders, a set of "Signature Programs" was developed that bridge School/University strengths and external funding opportunity. Development of these programs is being implemented
- Sponsored research funding portfolio – promotes program development and monitors results
- Research faculty recruitment – supports research recruitment efforts by the departments and institutes
- Foundations – provides stewardship for designated foundation awards
- Research compliance and integrity – oversees this area, interfacing with University offices
- Contracts and grants administration – provides pre- and post-award administrative services, and oversees compliance, acting as the interface between the academic Departments and the University
- Grants development – provides comprehensive support services for development, assembly, and submission of team grant and training grant applications
- Research facilities management – provides operations services for research space and buildings, interfacing with the University; coordinates with University administrative offices on University-managed research facilities such as laboratory animal care and housing
- Research training – develops, coordinates, administers, and supports research training programs, including the postdoctoral scholars program and responsible conduct in research; monitors trainee metrics
- Research communications, activities, events – develops, coordinates, implements, and supports research communications, activities and special events
I am pleased to invite you to browse the Research Advancement website and review the services, information and resources available to you. We look forward to working with you!
Thomas A. Buchanan, M.D.
Interim Vice Dean for Research