The Office of Research Administration Office at the Keck School of Medicine serves as a resource for research faculty and their administrators.
The office oversees grant and contract administration and research compliance to support and facilitate funding and adherence to University and Federal, State and Private Sponsor policies. It serves as the point of contact for KSOM research faculty to obtain Dean’s approval of grant or contract submissions, exceptions to F&A rates, advance funding, preaward costs, cost sharing and transfer of unexpended fixed price contract balances.
The Office of Research Administration provides support to Principal Investigators in the following areas. Additional grant development and management assistance may be provided to Departments with modest annual grant submissions and/or active grants on a regular basis. Advance notice is appreciated when special assistance is requested.
- Grant Budget Development
- Assist with data tables as needed (e.g., training grants, equipment grants)
- Assist with assembly and coordination of large/complex grant applications (e.g., Program projects, center grants)
- Grant Forms
- SF424 (grants.gov) form completion
- Proposal Approval Record(PAR)/ePAR/PARiS form completion
- Keck School of Medicine requires Division, Department, and/or Institute approvals. Please use the attached form as an attachment to any PAR form that includes a Keck School of Medicine faculty member. (PDF)
- Facilitate institutional support requests
- Facilitate selection of institutionally limited grant proposals
- Review of internal grant budget and Investigator eligibility (e.g., Zumberge Grant applications)
- Overdraft alerts
- Assist with Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) expense transfers
- Review progress report submissions including verification of effort
- Assist Principal Investigators with subcontract establishment
- Review and approve requests for advance/pre-award funding
- Financial troubleshooting for grants and closeouts
- Coordinate "Brown Bag" seminars on grants management policies and procedures
- One-on-one training as needed
- Work with USC Office of Compliance to ensure appropriate charges to grants (Faculty effort, administrative support); and Disclosure of Statement of Outside Interests Related to Research