The Keck School’s Office of Foundation Relations is primarily responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts from private, community and corporate foundations. We handle all clearances with the University and review all proposals when foundation gifts are sought. Working with administrators, faculty, and development staff, we assist in each phase of this process.
Here are a few important principles about securing foundation funding:
- Carefully review guidelines and instructions.
- Make sure your project matches the giving priorities of the foundation.
- Determine if the Keck School of Medicine is deemed geographically appropriate by the foundation.
Check with our office to determine:
- Who should make the first contact with the foundation.
- What relationships and giving history, if any, already exist.
- How to secure necessary paperwork and/or signatures to accompany your proposal.
- How to obtain editorial assistance.
Please Note: All proposals to foundations (with or without budgets) must be reviewed by the Office of Foundation Relations.