Awards & Recognitions
Our faculty members are locally, nationally and internationally recognized for their contributions to the field.
Faculty members from the Department of Anesthesiology have received numerous awards, fellowships and recognitions. They have also held prominent positions in professional societies or as editors of prominent scientific journals.
Faculty members have recently received the following distinctions:
- Teacher of the year
- Assistant Secretary, Board of Directors, California Society of Anesthesiology
- Delegate, American Society of Anesthesiologists, House of Delegates, Uniformed Services Society of Anesthesiologists
- Founding President, Trauma Anesthesiology Society
- Chancellor, American College of Critical Care Medicine
- President, World Federation of Societies of Intensive and Critical Care Medicine
- Distincion Honorifica, Colegio Medico del Peru
- President’s Citation, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Medal for Critical Care Medicine from the Burdenko Neurosurgery Institute, Moscow
- Member, Scientific Program Committee, A.P.I.C.E.14, Trieste, Italy
- Member, Russian Academy of Medical Science
- Board Member, Ukraine Society of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine
- Professor, International Heart School, Bergamo, Italy
- Elected, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- The Ukrainian city of Skvira recently named its regional general hospital in honor of Dr. Vladimir Zelman.
- Endowed and Distinguished Lectureship, sponsored by the Guilford and Diane Glazer Foundation.
- Section Editor, International Critical Care, Critical Care
- US Editor, Intensive Care Medicine
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Critical Care
- Contributing Editor, Obstetric Anesthesia Digest