Program Dates: June 12 – August 4, 2023
Application Opens: November 15, 2022
Application Deadline: February 6, 2023
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least 2 years of undergraduate study
- Be an underrepresented student as defined by the NIH or the AAMC
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or DACA
In summer 2023, the Bridging the Gaps Summer Research Program is scheduled to take place from June 12, 2023 through August 4, 2023. We intend to offer BTG in-person, but will have a modified version online, if needed.
All participants are required to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 unless they have an approved exemption because of a disability, medical contraindication, or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, per University policy. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated (i.e., those who qualify for a medical or religious exemption) are required to wear a facial covering indoors and outdoors when distancing cannot be maintained and be tested regularly.
The application is available HERE beginning Nov. 15, 2022.
You will be required to submit the following with your application:
- An essay describing how this program will enhance your educational and career goals (min. 500 words)
- Official transcript(s) (Send electronic transcripts to email@example.com)
- Two faculty Letters of Recommendation (One MUST be from a faculty in the Life Sciences; letters of recommendation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
For questions regarding your application or the application process, please contact:
Bridging the Gaps
Keck Office of Diversity and Inclusion