Our campus is rich with the diversity, culture and history of a long-standing Los Angeles institution
Whether exploring Los Angeles, enjoying year-round recreation or hanging out on campus in a near-perfect climate, life at the Keck School of Medicine offers something for every student.
Life on Campus
At Keck, you will enjoy a collegial and collaborative environment interacting with faculty and peers. The community is international and diverse. Students and world-class physicians and scientists together work on a variety of incredibly interesting topics. Among many clinical opportunities, students may be actively involved in grant writing, poster sessions, numerous events and lectures and practice presentation sessions.
Numerous social opportunities are available including student run organizations that participate in the governance of the school. Students can choose from a number of activities to get out of the classroom and participate in campus activities.
- Student clubs and organizations
- Cultural events such as theatre, concerts and poetry readings
- Wellness classes including yoga and meditation
- Recreational sports, workout facilities and USC Trojan sports
Life in Los Angeles
The sun shines on Los Angeles and surrounding areas approximately 93 percent of the year, providing an ideal environment to study and to enjoy some of the city’s many offerings:
- Attend concerts at outstanding music venues
- Visit nationally recognized museums and libraries
- Attend professional sporting events
- Spend a day at the beach or go on a hike