Support the Department
With more than 600 members, The Red Blanket Society is by far the largest Emergency Medicine alumni group in the world.
The Red Blanket Society supports the department and provides financial support for residency educational activities, including attendance at national conferences, and participation in international research and educational projects. The Red Blanket Society (RBS) is the Alumni Association of the Keck School of Medicine of USC Department of Emergency Medicine.
The society has several on-going projects in support of the department, which include:
- To create a community for alumni to stay in contact with the academic activities of the department (e.g. CME conferences, Grand Rounds, etc.)
- Each year the RBS co-hosts an alumni reception at ACEP Scientific Assembly where alumni – with graduation dates spanning decades – are able to mingle and visit.
- To provide financial support for residency educational activities, including attendance at national conferences, and participation in international research and educational projects.
- Each year the RBS funds resident trips to national ACEP, AAEM, and SAEM conferences
- The RBS has stocked the clinical areas with an up-to-date EM reference library
- Each year the RBS pays for membership for the incoming class of residents in either ACEP or AAEM
- The RBS also provides financial support for the yearly graduation celebration. We take tremendous pride of our residents.