Some of the Keck School of Medicine of USC’s most distinguished faculty members and prolific researchers have made the 2021 list of Highly Cited Researchers by Clarivate.
The company said the list recognizes “the true pioneers in their fields over the last decade, demonstrated by the production of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for [their] field.”
Researchers from the Keck School receiving the the recognition are:
- Paul Aisen, MD, professor of neurology, and director of the USC Alzheimer’s Therapeutic Research Institute.
- Steve Kay, PhD, DSc, university and provost professor of neurology, biomedical engineering and biological sciences and director of convergent bioscience.
- Heinz-Josef Lenz, MD, professor of medicine and J. Terrence Lanni Chair in Gastrointestinal Cancer Research.
- Huaiyu Mi, MD, PhD, associate professor of research population and public health sciences.
- Abhay Sagare, PhD, assistant professor of research physiology and neuroscience.
- Paul D. Thomas, PhD, professor of population and public health sciences.
- Arthur W. Toga, PhD, Provost Professor of Ophthalmology, neurology, psychiatry and the behavioral sciences, radiology and engineering and director of the USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute.
- Zhen Zhao, PhD, assistant professor of physiology and neuroscience.
- Berislav Zlokovic, MD, PhD, chair and university professor of physiology and neuroscience, and director of the Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute.
Clarivate, which provides analytics related to scientific and academic research, placed 6,602 researchers on this year’s list, including at least 20 from USC. You can access Clarivate’s report and sort through the list of Highly Cited researchers here.