Six Keck School of Medicine of USC faculty members were recently named to the 2019 list of Highly Cited Researchers, which identifies scientists who are among the most influential in their fields.
To make the list, which is compiled by Clarivate Analytics, researchers must have authored multiple papers in the last decade ranking in the top 1 percent by citation for their field and year of publication. (The list is based on papers published and cited from 2008 to 2018.) Keck School faculty and researchers named to the list, noted with their primary research field or fields, are:
- Paul Aisen, MD, Professor of Neurology; Director, Alzheimer’s Therapeutic Research Institute – neuroscience and behavior
- Huaiyu Mi, PhD, Associate Professor of Research Preventive Medicine – biology and biochemistry
- Abhay Sagare, PhD, Assistant Professor of Research Physiology & Neuroscience – cross-field
- Paul Thomas, PhD, Associate Professor of Preventive Medicine; Director, Division of Bioinformatics – biology and biochemistry
- Arthur Toga, PhD, Provost Professor of Ophthalmology, Neurology, Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences, Radiology and Engineering; Ghada Irani Chair in Neuroscience, Director, USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute – neuroscience and behavior
- Berislav Zlokovic , MD, PhD, Chair and Professor of Physiology & Neuroscience; Mary Hayley and Selim Zilkha Chair in Alzheimer’s Disease Research; Director, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute – neuroscience and behavior