Please click here for a consolidated list of USC resources to fund research in life sciences and engineering.
Please click here for a consolidated list of USC resources to fund translation, commercialization, and start-ups in the life sciences, engineering, and medicine
Resources to connect with collaborators
- A searchable database that covers thousands of faculty in health sciences at USC; find faculty by research interest, name, department, etc.
Keck Core Facilities
- Please click here for a full listing of all the research cores at the Keck School of Medicine. This site also includes links to further core listings at the University Park Campus, Children’s Hospital LA, and the USC School of Pharmacy.
Resources for entrepreneurs
Biotech in Los Angeles
- USC President C.L. Max Nikias sees an unprecedented opportunity for biotech in Los Angeles. Read more here.
USC Office of Research
- The USC Office for Research has compiled an extensive list of resources for USC innovators and entrepreneurs here.
For a list of incubators located in the Los Angeles region, click here.
For a brief explanation of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs, click here.
Professional associations for life sciences in the LA region
- Biocom is California’s largest and most experienced advocate and leader for the state’s life science industry, advancing policies and programs that accelerate success for +1,000 members
Biotech Connection Los Angeles (BCLA)
- Student-lead organization that provides a list of networking events and heads the Biotechnology Entrepreneurship Coalition (BEC)
LA Bioscience Hub
- Advocacy organization for East Los Angeles biotech corridor; runs internships for community college students
- Non-profit organization that helps guide entrepreneurs, including SBIR recipients, through the commercialization process; focuses on agriculture, life sciences and tech industries
Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA)
- Professional organization that connects investors; hosts annual events including First Look LA and LAVA Awards Dinner
- Professional organization; provides access to capital, tech transfer, workforce training, lobbying and events