Resident Benefits and Salary
- Free parking at all sites
- Meal plan (daily allowances at LAC+USC, Keck, Norris Cancer Hospital; as well as meal reimbursements when at CHLA and RLA)
- Educational allowance for medical books, medical supplies, electronics: $1000
- Free Keck electronic library resources: Uptodate, pubmed, etc
- Free white coat laundering service, with 3 white coats each available from LAC and Keck
- 1 white coat with name embroidered
- 3 pairs of scrubs with free laundering service
- Dedicated neurology resident call rooms with computer, bed, telephone
- Neurology residents are also part of the LAC resident union which continually strives to improve the condition of resident treatment, benefit, and reimbursement for residents hospital wide.
|YEAR LEVEL||MONTHLY SALARY||YEARLY SALARY|
As negotiated through the CIR, LAC+USC resident are entitled to 24 days paid vacation excluding weekend and holidays each year. The department allows residents to take up to four weeks of paid vacation per year.*
Sick, Family and Medical Leave
Sick Leave is accrued to a maximum of eight days per year. Three of these eight days may be used for personal days with permission of the program director. In compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, residents may take up to 12 weeks leave of absence without pay.*
Keck Medical Center and LAC+USC Medical Center are situated within walking distance of each other, situated in downtown LA, the heart of Southern California. Rancho Los Amigos and CHLA are within 20 minutes driving distance of the main sites. As most the year is spent at the main hospital sites, many residents choose to reside in the surrounding areas, with each neighborhood offering its own unique flavor: including downtown, Koreatown, Silver Lake/Echo Park, Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley. Residents often use their off time to explore trendy restaurants and cafes, sporting events, and outdoors adventures.
LAC+USC offers a broad range of fellowships which welcome applications from all neurology residents, allowing ample opportunities for LAC+USC residents to interact with fellowship-trained physicians who also provide mentorship for post-residency career development. Please see the fellowship section for further information.