Awards & Recognitions
Our faculty members provide international leadership in orthopaedic surgery and are lauded as innovators in the field.
- The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery has been recognized as a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield for expertise in delivering specialty care and our continual commitment to quality and improved outcomes for patients.
- Our faculty members have been named Top Doctors (Castle Connolly), Best Orthopedic Surgeons (The Hollywood Reporter) and Top Docs (Los Angeles Magazine).
- Among the many honors our faculty has received, in 2012, Jay R. Lieberman, MD, chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, received the prestigious Elizabeth Winston Lanier Award for his pioneering work related to the development of regional gene therapy to enhance bone repair.
- Jeffrey Wang, MD, professor of orthopaedic surgery, is the president of the North American Spine Society.
- Dr. Wang is also president of the Cervical Spine Research Society.