Awards & Recognitions
We are passionate about advancing research in the field of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences
Our faculty, residents, fellows and students are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients, advancing research in the field and educating new generations of practitioners and leaders.
Our faculty serve on the editorial boards of numerous publications in the field, including Academic Psychiatry, Journal of Psychiatric Practice, Neuropsychiatric Genetics, International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, American Journal of Medical Genetics, Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology, Brain Aging International, BMC Geriatrics, Aging Health, Clinical Neuropharmacology, The Lancet Neurology, Current Alzheimer Research, Journal of Molecular and Genetic Medicine, and Translational Psychiatry and Mindfulness.
- David Sheski, Faculty Teaching Award, Year III, 2016
- Donald Hilty, Faculty Teaching Award, Year III, 2015
- Sean Sassano-Higgins, MD, who completed his medical degree and a residency in psychiatry at the Keck School of Medicine and is now assistant professor of clinical psychiatry and the behavioral sciences at USC, received the Resident Recognition Award from the American Psychiatric Association in 2014 for exemplifying the association’s values, including compassionate patient care, leadership and community service.
- Marcia Kraft Goin, MD, PhD, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, received the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award from Middlebury College
- John Briere, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Faculty Teaching Award, PGY1 Residents
- Robert T. Cobb, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Outstanding Teacher of the Year
- Isabel Lagomasino, MD, MSHS, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Outstanding Teacher
- Yara Salman, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Teacher’s Award, PGY II Residents
- Erica Shoemaker, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Dean’s Teaching Award, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Anna Xiao, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Faculty Teaching Award and Los Angeles General Medical Center Psychiatry Residency Program Appreciation Award