Research Grand Rounds
- There are 10 major sub-divisions in the department: Abdominopelvic Imaging, Cardiothoracic Imaging, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Medicine, Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Women’s Imaging, Ultrasound Imaging, Emergency Radiology, and Molecular Imaging.
- A minimum of 10 sessions will be conducted each year. Each division will have 1 session for presenting their research work.
- Each session will have a total of 3 research presentations (1 faculty & 2 residents/fellows or 2 faculties & 1 resident/fellow) of 10-15 mins/each. Research presentations by faculty and residents will be focused on on-going research projects in the department and the papers/abstracts presented at various national and international conferences.
- Apart from presenting work on individual research projects, the division chief will be required to give a presentation on their divisions accomplishments on research front in 1 year time frame (secured grant funding, grants currently in review, abstracts, peer-reviewed publications, etc.). This will allow us to keep a better track of each division’s progress on the research front.
- Radiology Research Support group will give a 5 minute presentation towards the end of each session about the upcoming grant funding opportunities, newly funded investigator and industry initiated projects in the department, and information about abstract submission & other deadlines.
- Multidisciplinary Research: We encourage each division to invite faculty from other departments (based on the topics of the presentation) to facilitate new intra and inter-programmatic research activities
View our Events Calendar for Grand Rounds Schedule.