Ranked among the top biomedical enterprises nationwide
Setting our sights on breakthrough research that results in groundbreaking discoveries in basic science, clinical research and patient care.
Faculty growth at Keck School of Medicine of USC
Prior to the purchase of the Keck Hospitals of USC, the number of full-time faculty at the Keck School of Medicine had remained fairly stable over the previous 10 years. Since that purchase in July 2009, however, the number of full time faculty at the Keck School of Medicine has increased by 29 percent.
KSOM Faculty (January 2015)
- USC Full-time Faculty: 3,786
- Keck Full-time Faculty: 1,550 (41 percent of all full-time faculty at USC)
- Total Keck Clinicians: Apx. 1,099 (includes LAC+USC, Keck Hospitals, USC Care, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and CHLA)
- Total Keck Research and Teaching Faculty: Apx. 451 (includes faculty in basic sciences and non-clinical faculty in clinical departments)
- Total Keck Part-time Faculty: 197
Electronic Grant Submissions
On November 3, 2014, the Keck School of Medicine of USC went live with Kuali Coues (KC), the new USC grant and contract proposal submission system. Since the training period in August, the University has successfully routed and submitted 287 proposals through the KC system.
Keck School of Medicine Grant Awards
Total grant awards made to Keck School of Medicine reached $311 million in FY18, a 14% increase over FY17. NIH grants totaled $181 million, an increase of 17.5% over FY17.