Ranked among the top biomedical enterprises nationwide
Setting our sights on breakthrough research that results in groundbreaking discoveries in basic science, clinical research and patient care.
Faculty growth at Keck School of Medicine of USC
Prior to the purchase of the Keck Hospitals of USC, the number of full-time faculty at the Keck School of Medicine had remained fairly stable over the previous 10 years. Since that purchase in July 2009, however, the number of full time faculty at the Keck School of Medicine has increased by 29 percent.
- USC Full-time Faculty: 4,706
- Keck Full-time Faculty: 2,079 (44 percent of all full-time faculty at USC)
- Total Keck Clinicians: Apx. 1,847 (includes LAC+USC, Keck Hospitals, USC Care, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and CHLA)
- Total Keck Research and Teaching Faculty: Apx. 501 (includes faculty in basic sciences and non-clinical faculty in clinical departments)
- Total Keck Part-time Faculty: 269
Keck School of Medicine Grant Awards
Total grant awards made to Keck School of Medicine reached $350 million in USC Fiscal Year 2021. NIH grants totaled $188 million during this same time period.