The residency programs of the Department of Surgery are dedicated to the professional training and advancement of its physicians.
The Department of Surgery has some of the best and largest residency programs in the country with five accredited ACGME training programs and nine outstanding fellowships. The surgical faculty’s commitment to education is exceptional, and the programs would not be successful without the day-to-day efforts of the faculty and their engagement in the educational process. Resident applicants have shared that their interest in USC is a reflection of the national academic reputation of the faculty and dedication to resident education.
About the Residency/Fellowship Programs
The Department of Surgery offers the following programs:
- Abdominal Organ Transplantation Program
- Aesthetic Fellowship
- Advanced GI MIS Fellowship Program
- Breast Fellowship Program
- Burn Fellowship Program
- Cardiothoracic Residency Program (Independent)
- Cardiothoracic Residency Program (Integrated)
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program
- Congenital Cardiac Fellowship Program
- Craniofacial Fellowship Program
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Microsurgery Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Fellowship
- Plastics Independent Residency Program
- Plastics Integrated Residency Program
- Surgical Critical Care Program
- Trauma Surgery Fellowship
- Vascular Surgery Residency Program (Independent/Integrated)
Application requirements may vary per individual program. All prospective applicants wishing to apply to our training programs must follow instructions on each program’s page.