Keck Faculty Council
Welcome to the USC Keck School of Medicine (KSOM) Faculty Council website. The Council is the only elected body that represents the interests of the over 1800 basic science and clinical faculty at KSOM. We are the largest school at USC comprising over ¼ of the total University faculty. The KSOM faculty members elect us to represent the KSOM faculty on matters of general associated concern. We serve as the primary advisory group to the Dean of KSOM and also an important role in representing KSOM to the University as a whole.
We regularly communicate with the Dean of KSOM and with members of the Dean’s senior administration, bringing forward problems and issues directly related to KSOM faculty status, responsibilities and welfare.
The Faculty Council:
- Serves as a deliberative and consultative body with the authority to survey the faculty and make studies, reports and recommendations on all matters that have a significant bearing on the work or status of the faculty
- Identifies issues of highest priority to the faculty and may discuss and debate current issues and matters of interest to the faculty
- Advises the Dean and the Dean’s other advisory bodies on academic and faculty status matters
- Acts jointly with the Dean to suggest, and to advise and consult on the appointment and periodic review of, chairs and members of school committees
- Organizes meetings of the faculty-at-large to discuss issues of interest to the faculty
- Communicates with the faculty-at-large about its deliberations in a timely manner
At the level of university-wide faculty governance, we represent the faculty of KSOM in the Academic Senate, and bring KSOM and Health Science Campus perspectives to the deliberations of that body, as well as directly to the Provost’s office and other university administrators.
The Keck School of Medicine Faculty Council welcomes your feedback and invites you to share your ideas, concerns and thoughts.