Department of Surgery
About the Department
In addition to several surgical residency training programs, the department offers students innovative training initiatives, which include the Surgical Skills Simulation and Education Center, a physician-scientist training program and a resident research program. The department’s involvement in both basic and clinical research is supported by more than $1 million in extramural grants.
The primary locations of the department’s programs are Keck Medical Center of USC, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and LAC+USC Medical Center.
The department is comprised of nine divisions and offers numerous prominent surgical residency training programs.
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Division of Colorectal Surgery
- Division of Hepatobiliary, Pancreas and Abdominal Transplant Surgery
- Division of Pediatric Surgery
- Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Division of Thoracic Surgery
- Division of Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Division of Upper GI and General Surgery
- Division of Vascular Surgery
The Department of Surgery focuses on providing patients and their families with effective, efficient and quality care. The clinical activities of the department cover all surgical subspecialties.
USC Center for Body Computing announces 2018 “Voice Assistants for All” hackathon with $10,000 prizeThe USC Center for Body Computing (CBC) at Keck Medicine of USC is hoping to solve unmet health care needs using home-based digital assistants at its 2018 “Voice Assistants for All” hackathon on July 12–13, 2018. Teams of innovators will be challenged with creating solutions that will enable people… Read More »
Keck School Events
Soto I, 2001 N. Soto St., SSB 115-116, Los Angeles
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm