Pain Medicine Fellowship
The division of pain management in the Department of Anesthesiology provides ACGME approved fellowship training in pain medicine for eligible physicians. This one-year program provides training in interventional pain management, acute and chronic pain management and cancer/palliative medicine.
Fellows will have the extraordinary opportunity for multispecialty and multidisciplinary training with the pain specialists of the Keck School of Medicine. The clinical training programs are located at the USC Pain Center, Keck Medical Center, the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, the LAC+USC Medical Center, and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Additionally, fellows will also have the opportunity to rotate with our colleagues in radiology, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, neurology/headache clinic and rheumatology.
- Be eligible for a California medical license.
- Have completed an ACGME approved residency in Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology or Psychiatry.
The Pain Fellowship Program at USC is currently accepting applications for the next academic year. We have three fellowship positions for the upcoming academic year and all will be awarded through the NRMP match.
- Please register for NRMP
- Please complete the fellowship application through ERAS
- Information on the specific timeline for Fellowship Applicants is on the ERAS website.
In order for your application to be considered, we also require:
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- DEA number.
We will be interviewing for the fellowship positions in June and July.
Steven Richeimer, MD
Chief, Division of Pain Medicine