Application Information

There are three spaces available for the upcoming Match. New residents will start the program as a PGY-2 on July 1, 2017 after completing a PGY-1 year in internal medicine, family medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, surgery or surgical specialties, pediatrics, or a transitional-year program.

All applications must be submitted through ERAS (the Electronic Residency Application Service). Applications must be received by October 31st, and interviews will begin in late November. As with all programs using ERAS, application materials will be distributed by your medical school dean’s office. The program selects its PGY-2 (first program year) positions through the NRMP (National Resident Matching Program).

Login to NRMP
Login to ERAS

ERAS Help: or call 202-862-6264.

Graduates of Foreign Medical Schools
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and at least three letters of recommendation are required. Applications must be received by October 31st. Contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and eligibility requirements. Individuals who have already graduated from a foreign medical school must have a valid Post Graduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) from the Medical Board of California to complete their application. The Applicant Evaluation Status Letter from the Medical Board of California must be identified in ERAS as “recommendation letter number four (4).”

Please note that the Los Angeles General Medical Center only accepts the use of J-1 visas for postgraduate training.
ECFMG Website
California Board Applicant Evaluation Status
National Resident Matching Program

Application Checklist for Radiation Oncology Residency Training Program

  • Personal Statement
  • MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • Letters of Recommendation (minimum of 3)
  • Medical School Transcripts
  • USMLE/FLEX Scores (Step I), or COMLEX Scores (Step I)
  • J-1 Visa Status or Proof of Residency in US (if not a US citizen)

International medical school graduates, to also include:

Post Graduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) from the Medical Board of California