Family Medicine Interest Group
Our national award-winning Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) is a student-run group at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. We serve as a resource and advocacy group for students who are interested in exploring a primary care career in family medicine.
We meet monthly during the lunch hour for a lecture series covering a variety of topics and speakers. Lecture topics range from overviews of the family medicine specialty, fellowship opportunities and hands-on clinical workshops in cardiology, family planning and the Musco-Skeleton Exam.
Please join us for:
- Monthly meeting speaker series
- Open meeting in early fall for all medical students interested in the residency application process and interviewing
- Spring dinner for all KSOM students interested in family medicine and family medicine faculty preceptors
- Community Service Activities:
- Community health fairs
- Geriatric Visits
- Ready, Set, Fit – primary grade student fitness and obesity prevention
- Cuddle Club – supporting Los Angeles General Medical Center babies and breastfeeding mothers
Check the department’s events tab to find out about the next FMIG meeting.
All students are welcome to all of our events.
Family Medicine Preceptors are available through the Family Medicine Interest Group link in the Fall and Spring or by contacting the faculty advisor.
Jo Marie Reilly, M.D.
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP)
AAFP Online Student Application
USC Primary Care Website