Pediatric Emergency Medicine Student Clerkship
The two-week Pediatric Emergency Medicine Elective at LAC+USC Medical Center is jammed packed with educational opportunities. There are a total of eight 8-hour shifts (seven shifts in the Pediatric ED and one in the adult ED) where medical students work with senior Emergency Medicine residents. The clinical areas provide opportunities for one-on-one teaching, procedures and direct patient care. In the more intimate environment of the Peds ED, you will have opportunities to learn from our fantastic residents and faculty. The department has Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship trained faculty who have a wealth of experience and play a significant role in student and resident education.
There is protected time to attend the department’s weekly grand rounds, which promises to be an unforgettable educational experience.
We take one student per two-week block. Slots fill up fast so please apply early. Contact our clerkship coordinator Hiralda Godoy (email@example.com) for scheduling availability.
- Apply to the Keck School of Medicine of USC Student Affairs using the AAMC Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS).
- Students who wish to rotate between May and November must also email our clerkship coordinator, Hiralda Godoy (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information:
- Your top three preferred start dates (in order of preference) and preferred length of your rotation. (Please see above for dates.)
- The name and email address of your EM faculty advisor/mentor, or a faculty mentor who knows your career choice and can verify your goals and plans.
- The specialty/specialties you will be applying to.
- International students must submit the above and contact our Office of Student Affairs.
Office of Student Affairs
Phone: (323) 442-2553
Fax: (323) 442-2663
- Additionally, international students must be enrolled in a medical school that meets one of the following:
- Participate in the Global Health Learning Opportunities (GHLO) Collaborative.
- Have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Keck School of Medicine of USC. Click here.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate international students from schools that do not satisfy one of the above.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Clerkship Director
Keck School of Medicine
LAC+USC Medical Center
LAC+USC Medical Center
Department of Emergency Medicine
1200 N. State Street, Room 1011
Los Angeles, CA 90033