Compassionate care for disorders of the head and neck
Our multidisciplinary researchers and physician-scientists are dedicated to constantly improving patient care by bringing the best ideas from research labs to clinic and hospital rooms, advancing diagnosis and treatment options for patients. We bring the most up-to-date evidence-based practices and treatment options to our patients and their families. No other program has a breadth of diversity in caring for underserved populations.
Our multidisciplinary teams of physicians and staff seek a common goal: to allow patients to take the remarkable possibilities of our specialized care to their fullest potential. Patients receive an all inclusive package of care, resulting with a diagnosis and care plan. Our programmatic approach presents patients with a multi perspective, multifaceted comprehensive treatment program.
If you are a patient seeking information about our clinical services, please visit: http://ent.keckmedicine.org.
USC Caruso Family Center for Childhood Communication
Representing a renaissance in clinical care for childhood communication in Los Angeles
The center provides audiology and speech language pathology services to children with hearing loss from birth to adulthood, including access to national clinical trials and state-of-the-art rehabilitative care.
Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
Staffed with leaders in facial reconstruction, facial paralysis treatment and aesthetic procedures for the face
We help patients achieve a higher quality of life following facial trauma, certain types of skin cancer and facial nerve paralysis. The program offers complex reconstructive surgeries and a full range of cosmetic procedures.
Head and Neck Cancer
Building strong patient relationships to meet both the physical and emotional demands of fighting head and neck cancers
Using the finest diagnostic tools and endoscopic and open surgery removal techniques we treat tumors of the mouth, nose, throat, larynx, sinuses, lymph nodes and salivary glands.
Hearing and Balance
Offering every aspect of care from diagnosis and treatment to assistive training and physical therapy for a variety of ear conditions
From ear infections to dizziness and complete hearing loss, our specialists develop customized treatments, both nonsurgical and surgical, to help improve communication and restore equilibrium to our patients’ lives.
Neurotology-Skull Base Surgery
Providing patients with the most comprehensive care – from consultation to rehabilitation – for the treatment of benign and malignant skull base tumors
Comprising a team of specialists across a variety of disciplines, we offer minimally invasive procedures that allow for favorable outcomes while minimizing risk to nearby tissue, as well as traditional procedures.
Sinus and Nasal Disorders
A leader in treating the broad spectrum of nasal disease
We treat disorders including allergies, deviated septums, polyps, nasal tumors and allergic fungal sinusitis. We often treat patients who have not been able to find relief or who need difficult, advanced surgery.
Uniquely poised to provide relief for individuals with snoring and sleep apnea
We offer innovative approaches to treating snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, important problems that can affect social relationships, health and the ability to get a good night of sleep.
Voice and Swallowing
Providing relief for patients suffering from a wide range of voice and swallowing disorders
We treat vocal cord inflammation, benign laryngeal lesions, spasmodic interruptions of vocal motion, lesions from voice overuse, hoarseness, vocal fold paralysis, laryngeal cancer, difficulty swallowing and airway stenosis and scarring.
World-Class Clinical Facilities
Fundamentally, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery is a clinical specialty, therefore, the care of the patient is always forefront in our mind. Patients need to be able to access our clinicians, and since Los Angeles is large, so are our clinical facilities. Many of our faculty practice at more than one site. Typically, we staff our satellite clinics with faculty that live nearby, so that they are active within the local community. Our sites are detailed below:
- Keck Hospital of USC Clinic. This is our primary clinic. It sits within the Keck Medical Center of USC on the 5th floor of the HC4 building. We offer comprehensive otolaryngology care as well as subspecialty care in every aspect of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. Nearly all of our physicians have a clinical practice here.
- Keck Hospital of USC. This is our primary hospital for adult inpatient surgery. It offers high-level tertiary and quaternary care. Within it are the inpatient operating rooms, and next door are outpatient operating rooms.
- USC Caruso Family Center for Childhood Communication. This center offers comprehensive care for pediatric hearing loss. This center is adjacent to the USC campus (University Park Campus).
- Downtown LA Clinic. This is a multi-specialty clinic serving people who work downtown. We offer care in several subspecialties, including laryngology and facial plastics.
- Glendale Clinic. This satellite clinic serves the bustling and vibrant community of Glendale. We provide comprehensive otolaryngology as well as subspecialty care for rhinology and laryngology.
- La Canada Clinic. This satellite clinic serves the community of La Canada, La Crescenta, and Pasadena, all of which are wonderful places for families to live. We provide comprehensive otolaryngology as well as subspecialty care for rhinology and laryngology.
- Verdugo Hills Hospital. This hospital is owned and run by Keck Medicine of USC. We care for both adults and children here and do both inpatient and outpatient procedures here. This hospital is close to our Glendale and La Canada satellite clinics.
- Beverly Hills. This multi-specialty clinic serves the communities within and around Beverly Hills and West LA. We offer subspecialty care in sleep, laryngology, otology/neurotology, and rhinology.
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA). This is a tertiary/quaternary care hospital that handles the most complex pediatric patients in Southern California. We provide subspecialty care in pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck/endocrine, and otology/neurotology.
- Los Angeles County Hospital (LAC+USC). This hospital serves the vast underserved population in Los Angeles. We provide comprehensive otolaryngology care as well as subspecialty care in all divisions.